When you think about someone having a heart attack, does it involve drama … grabbing the chest and falling to the floor?
How does a heart attack effect the body?
Though chest pressure is a common symptom of heart attack, you may also experience other less obvious symptoms.
More women are dying of heart disease than men! Women especially may experience symptoms that are vague and not as obvious.
Women shoulder so much of the burden in modern society that they often push through the pain, dismissing it as normal everyday pain.
If you have a heart attack, your life may depend on getting help fast!
It is important that doctors and patients pay much closer attention to save lives! Problem is, women don’t get the respect they deserve in an Emergency Room the way that men do.
If more women die of heart disease than men, why are women still not being carefully evaluated when they come in with vague symptoms of pain?
Good question! Your life may depend on you complaining loud enough to get the care you desperately need!
Symptoms That Should NEVER Be Ignored:
Hind site is 20/20 but it won’t help you after the fact.
Demand the care you need if you must!
Take care of yourself now to reduce your risk of heart disease!
What are the chances that YOU will develop heart disease?
- Do you smoke?
- Is your lifestyle sedentary?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Is your HDL cholesterol low, or your LDL cholesterol high?
- Do you have diabetes or blood sugar issues?
- Are you overweight?
- Is your stress level high?
Do something about your Risk Factors and Live!
- If you smoke…. stop!
- Exercise 20 minutes a day.
- Eat a healthy diet low in saturated fat and high if fruits, vegetables, nuts and legumes.
- Maintain a healthy weight and waist.
- Address high blood pressure.
- Manage cholesterol.
- Control high blood sugar.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation.
- Practice effective stress reduction techniques.
- Seek balance in your personal and professional life.
- Dr. Oz says it’s a good idea to take an aspirin daily if you are high risk for heart disease.
One more really good idea I’d like to recommend is that you take a CPR class.
The more people who know CPR the better the chances are that heart attack victims will get the help they need before it is too late.
Please tell the women who are important to you that they need to be aware of ALL the symptoms of heart attack.
A heart attack often looks different in a woman than it does in a man!
Awareness can save lives!
Carrie Tucker, RCP
The Life Breath Coach
Heart Failure Solutions
PS- Raising awareness for women all over the planet is an important part of the Mission of Heart Failure Solutions!
Tell your girl friends and your neighbors to come on by the blog and join The Life Breath Club where they can get all their questions answered!
Membership is FREE!
Click on the link below to learn about all the benefits!
This is a private membership site to protect your medical privacy.
PPS– Remember everyday:
- Relax and Release tension
- Exhale Slowly
- Be active in a way that adds joy to your life
Plus pure water ~whole foods~sunshine~and laughter